Engineering Director (Boston or Raleigh)
Meet the future
If you are driven by curiosity and fascinated by innovative technology to solve large complex problems, then become part of a startup that is building the future of financial data access. Akoya is transforming the way consumers provide access to their data with increased security, privacy, and control over their information through the development of a highly-scalable and secure API-based network utility. We encourage a collaborative, fast-paced workplace and a fun environment where everyone can contribute, learn, and grow. Come join us and be part of this exciting journey. Check us out at Akoya.com for more information.
We are looking for a hands-on leader to join our growing Engineering organization. This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
Our ideal candidate has led technical teams or built large-scale platforms in startups or technology companies, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and financial correctness as well as beautiful product UX and API design. In this role, you will:
- Lead the engineering team to develop and deliver the product roadmap and engineering excellence objectives in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Work across the entire technology stack, build APIs for high scale, high availability data pipelines dealing with sensitive customer financial data
- Effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, refine processes and drive continuous improvement
- Support, coach, and grow engineering team, foster a positive team culture of collaboration, execution, quality and learning
- Providing sought after opinion internally and externally about the product line, and engineering excellence
- Drive continuous improvement of test automation
- 10+ years software development experience building and testing applications following secure coding practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with leading software development team in a fast-paced agile environment, working through all phases of the software development
- Ability to build high-performing team, align stakeholders and multi-functional teams
- Strong experience in developing and deploying public cloud-based applications, with focus on micro services, REST APIs, CI/CD and test automation
- Proficiency in Golang and/or Java development, and Spring / Spring Boot frameworks
- Understanding of container and serverless architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience building web applications using client-side frameworks such as React and Node
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Akoya is a startup bent on changing the way consumer financial data is accessed and shared. We are obsessed with improving the way people share their personal data and our mission is to provide consumers with increased protection, transparency, and control over their information online.
We are comprised of diverse, creative, and driven professionals with expertise in the banking, securities, fintech, and data aggregation industries. We serve as knowledge experts for government policy makers on consumer data sharing, foundational contributors to data access standards, and key participants in numerous industry groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer. To find out more, visit us at Akoya.com