Senior SRE Engineer (Location: Boston, Raleigh, NYC or Remote)
Meet the future
If you are driven by curiosity and fascinated by innovative technology to solve large complex problems, then become part of a startup that is building the future of financial data access. Akoya is transforming the way consumers provide access to their data with increased security, privacy, and control over their information through the development of a highly-scalable and secure API-based network utility. We encourage a collaborative, fast-paced workplace and a fun environment where everyone can contribute, learn, and grow. Come join us and be part of this exciting journey. Check us out at Akoya.com for more information.
We are looking for a senior SRE engineer to join our growing System Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
The SRE team is responsible for availability, capacity planning, and platform, infrastructure and security management and monitoring, drives root-cause analysis in collaboration with development teams to reduce occurrences of systems issues. You will:
- Drive new platform designs to optimize for performance and cost
- Provide technical guidance and support to our customers and downstream service providers
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to implement these designs
- Design and implement infrastructure and security technologies within the public cloud
- Protect our customers, platforms, and applications from compromise by implementing and maintaining platform and infrastructure security controls
The Skills You Bring
3+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience in deploying public cloud-based applications, including release management, testing, support, and project management
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g. filesystems, system calls), and with networking and cloud systems
- Experience programming in C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or similar language. Self-starter who is customer-focused, detailed and solutions-oriented
Akoya is a startup bent on changing the way consumer financial data is accessed and shared. We are obsessed with improving the way people share their personal data and our mission is to provide consumers with increased protection, transparency, and control over their information online.
We are comprised of diverse, creative, and driven professionals with expertise in the banking, securities, fintech, and data aggregation industries. We serve as knowledge experts for government policy makers on consumer data sharing, foundational contributors to data access standards, and key participants in numerous industry groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer. To find out more, visit us at Akoya.com