Vice President – Engineering (Location: Boston or Raleigh)
Meet the future
If you are driven by curiosity and fascinated by innovative technology to solve large complex problems, then become part of a startup that is building the future of financial data access. Akoya encourages a highly collaborative, fast-paced workplace and a fun environment. Come join us and be part of this exciting journey.
We are seeking a VP of Engineering to head and manage our distributed engineering teams as well as help build out our engineering organization globally. This role will report to the CTO.
Our ideal candidate has led technical teams or built large-scale platforms in startups or technology companies, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and financial correctness as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
You will provide strategic technical guidance and people development for our engineering teams, with a focus on simplicity, scalability, problem solving and successful delivery from our distributed team. In addition, you will advise Akoya’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to technology stack and product roadmap.
The Skills You Bring
- Experience in tech companies or startups in building multi-sided marketplaces or network
- Ability to recruit world-class engineering talent
- Strong technical background, including 10+ years’ experience with software engineering
- Experience with designing systems at scale, using technologies like Kubernetes, Golang, Java, AWS, OAuth/OIDC, React etc.
- Player-coach who can jump in and do and ignite the team around an effort and release
- You prefer simple solutions and design over complex ones and have a good intuition of what will sustain and scale
- Know how to build and foster a culture of engineering excellence
- Provides sought after opinion internally and externally about the technical capabilities of the platform
- Enjoy working with diverse team members and functions and influence peers in other functions as well as with company executives
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize delivery with iterative releases
- A genuine desire to learn and deep dive into how things work on the platform
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium, and large releases
- The ability to work as part of a team maintaining a low ego with a sense of urgency
- Familiarity with financial security and privacy issues, as well as regulatory frameworks in the banking and financial services industry is a plus
Akoya is a startup bent on changing the way consumer financial data is accessed and shared. We are obsessed with improving the way people share their personal data and our mission is to provide consumers with increased protection, transparency, and control over their information online.
We are comprised of diverse, creative, and driven professionals with expertise in the banking, securities, fintech, and data aggregation industries. We serve as knowledge experts for government policy makers on consumer data sharing, foundational contributors to data access standards, and key participants in numerous industry groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer. To find out more, visit us at Akoya.com